KCML 6, KISAM, Adobe Deamweaver

Bruce Dill

KCML 6, KISAM, Adobe Deamweaver

Post by Bruce Dill » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm

I am developing a website and want to connect to a KISAM file on a seperate Microsoft Windows Server running KCML server 6. I have created the odbc file (KISAM) and can see it in Excel from my PC. Adobe Dreamweaver (Web Development Program) has the ability to connect to ASP Javascript, ASP VBScript, ASP.NET C#, ASP.NET VB, Coldfusions, JSB and PHP Mysql databases built in.

I am not a real programmer and have done all my web development in MS Frontpage so Dreamweaver is brand new to me. I wanted to connect directly to the KISAM file because of the necessity to have the website up to date at all times so I didn't want to go through the process of creating a text file and then importing it into a product like Access.

What are my options?

Also, in my situation where does the KODBC Client need to be installed? I installed one license on my desktop which is connect to the MS Server so I can do the website development and test it. Do I need a second license for the webserver?

Thank you to anyone who can help and if I can help anyone here in the US I would be glad to assist.

Bruce Dill