But you can install the SQL 2000 Integration components and use them instead. Obviously not ideal, but it works.
It really is easier to export the data from KCML into text and then use SSIS I find.
Although the exporting to a text is a tried and tested method for exporting data from a K-Isam database it does take a far amount of time and requires a bit more work than using ODBC. However ODBC comes at a cost per user, unless you know how to reset the licence
For a mass data extract we use the SQL utility, this is a command line SQL interface into the K-Isam database. It uses a very limited ODBC 2.0 syntax and certain commands don;t work properly, but once you learn it then you can get what you very quickly.
If your setup for ODBC then the utility will work, there's not much documentation on it, and everything i know is done to trial and error - If you search for SQL utility in the KCML manual you'll get some info on it.
The exe is call sql and can be found in the KCML folder.
The SQL utility is unsupported by ADP, but it requires no licence.
Additionally there is apparently an apach module for the SQL utility, which to some extent can be demonstrated in the kwebserver - Although i have never managed to find this mod file and ADP have never passed it on, despite asking for it serveral times.
One more thing on the SQL utility is updating. The manual does indicate that it is possible with the -m flag, however I managed to get an update to work once, but the result was that the entire table became locked and a reboot was required. Also i've never since managed to get an update to work again, mainly due to a bad memory.
thanks for the responses! - the SQL utility sounds like the ideal way to go. Where can i get a copy of this sql utility program, as i have checked my KCML folder and it is not there.
Easiest way is to down the Kcml server from http://www.kcml.com, uncompress and then cpio the image file. Then just copy the sql file into your kcml folder.
Operation will depend on your kcml version, if you have the old sources file then make sure that kconf.xml is removed (best to rename to be safe) as this file overrides sources when using ODBC or the sql tool.
Let me know if you have any problems
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest