Sending KPrint output as attachment

rlim

Sending KPrint output as attachment

Post by rlim » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi:
I have tried to send a Kprint output via email by using the @@EMAIL=...@@ and the email with attachment was generated and sent as expected. At the receiving end, the attachment displays the KPrint form but the data do not get mapped to the correct positions. Wil appreciate if some can suggest what was missing or wrong. Thanks.

Here is the sample of the triggers used:
@@purchase_order@@@@L=1@@
@@E=This is a test messge.&S=Test Email via KPrint&P=0&H=10.160.100.20&T=rlim@test.com&FORMAT=PDF@@

tim_nz

Re: Sending KPrint output as attachment

Post by tim_nz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 am

Hi there,

I've been using the ADP Print Manager a fair amount of late, might be able to help.
What version are you using - are you using Kprint or the new ADP Print Manager?
How are you mapping the form data & how is it not printing correctly - is it the font/size/position?
If you were to print the form rather than email it, how does it look?

Let's start there - you can email me an example if you like (tim@procom.co.nz), the form itself would be even better!
Cheers,
Tim

rlim

Re: Sending KPrint output as attachment

Post by rlim » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Tim:
Thanks for your quick response...

The tests I did was on a form that worked printing to a printer. I was trying out sending it as an email. I am using Print Manager v.10 as we are still stuck somehow with v1.8 - need to get out of this version....

Everything was as expected - email was sent with the Kprint form as an attachment... - just that the text/data did not get mapped to the right place. This is weird - some parts of the form seem to look it appears during browse mode (i.e. not mapped yet) while other parts look like it is trying to map. I will try again and send you some to look at.. Thanks for now.

Regards,
Ron Lim