New to Kprint

Blackshaw

New to Kprint

Post by Blackshaw » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 am

I am taking over the administration of KPrint. This was originally installed many years ago but all the training was given to one guy who has since left.

I have the server and access to it along with various documents (kpadmin?)

I have kprint as a program so I seem to have everything.

I know the source documents come from Format stationary and are somehow "deployed" onto the server but I cannot find anything to tell me how they are deployed and where to.

The changes I need to make are quite simple (typo's - a new phone number etc) but joining the dost is proving to be difficult to find.

Can anyone help?

Bob

UKMonkeyMAn

Re: New to Kprint

Post by UKMonkeyMAn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 am

Common practice would be to have a resource file (just a text file) holding that sort of information. In the Kprint/resources folder, have a look in there.

Deployment is done via FTP. This is where there is 1 central location for all Kprint forms, and then each individual server downloads the latest one if it does not have a copy of it - I think this is set the FTP locations settings from the file menu.

If you a single server setup though and running on NT is more than likely that everything is stored locally.

The one to bare in mind which always catches people out is when editing the documents and saving back - Make sure you save to the correct version for the Kprint server, otherwise the form wont work.

Blackshaw

Post by Blackshaw » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:36 am

I have finally got a handle on what goes where based on yoru info .. very helpful.

Now all I need to do is work out how, having edited the Stationary Formats in Kerridge, I can deploy them to the KPrint server.

Any hnady hints and tips will be appreciated.

Bob Blackshaw

UKMonkeyMAn

Post by UKMonkeyMAn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Normally it's just a case of copying them into the forms folder on the server running Kprint.

Pimpey

Post by Pimpey » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm

There are a few notes in the www.kcml.com FAQ's section on K-Print, which has now been re-written & re-branded as Print Manager

nnsupport

Post by nnsupport » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Not sure if things have changed with Kprint since becoming Print Manager, but in the past you needed a license for Kprint Form Editing. Without this license simple changes would need to be made by ADP for a fee. Licenses were very pricey if i remember correctly, so unless you are planning to make lots of changes, it may be more cost effective for ADP to edit them.

kccms

Post by kccms » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:45 pm

See if you can access this site: http://196.14.35.200/software/

It contains a few helpful doc's on kprint aswell as the latest software.
Regards,
Martin