New to kcml help? Introduce yourself here!
bigtwig

Post by bigtwig » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 am

Hi,
Interviewing for a position that uses KCML. Is there a way to get started on my laptop and play around with it or is that just impossible? My experience is 25 years in business Basic and VB. They haven't hired a KCML programmer in eight years and I'm not sure what I'm getting into, but love a challenge. The people I've met all seem really cool, the environment seems good... I've never had a problem picking up a new language or environment, but would love to play with it before jumping in feet first.
Thanks!
Peace,
Mike

simong

Re: Newbie

Post by simong » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:42 am

Hi bigtwig,

Welcome...

Unfortunately KCML uses licenses so you would need one to actually start playing around with it... I think licenses start from about £400!
Although, you can go to http://www.kcml.com/ (registration is free) and download the help manuals from the download area. There are some good examples in there as well as explaining the features of KCML.

I've only just recently finished Uni and this is my first language i've had real commercial experience with. I found it easy to pick up, so I don't think there will be an issue there for you.

Regards,
Simon
---------------
Simon G.
KCML Developer
---------------

''A computer programmer is someone who, when told to ''Go to Hell'', sees the ''Go to'', rather than the destination, as harmful.''