Hello from down here

New to kcml help? Introduce yourself here!
tim_nz

Hello from down here

Post by tim_nz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 am

Thought I'd better say hi to you all!

My name is Tim, I'm the owner of Procom Business Systems here in New Zealand. I'm lucky enough to spend my time developing tailored packages in KCML for my clients in NZ and Australia, mainly in the steel/distribution sectors - and I've been doing this for over 20 years. I have sites that range from a few users through to about 200 users on a variety of operating systems; some applications are still text based, others are KCML forms or a mixture of both.

I started on the pre-historic looking Wang 2200/CS systems back in the eighties, made the transition to open hardware platforms in the nineties on Niakwa briefly and then finally to KCML. These days I'm redeveloping my systems in KCML forms and doing a lot of work with the ADP Print Manager (KPrint).

I must say it's not an easy choice to be an independant KCML developer! I've resisted the pull to other platforms, mainly to protect the huge investment made by ourselves/our customers in KCML based systems but also because I love the elegance of the language. It's getting harder though, even good forms software written in KCML6 is no match for the development speed and quality of applications written in Visual Studio - I'll resist for as long as I can!

Anyway, it would be nice to hear from any of you & I'm happy to help out on any problems where I can.

Tim