KCML / Autoline Rev 8

tip2tail

KCML / Autoline Rev 8

Post by tip2tail » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello,

Although IT trained and having USED Autoline Rev 7 and Rev 8 for about 6 years this is my first time trying to install a new client app on a PC. My company has recently asked me to set up this PC for a new member of staff and I have installed the KClient app.

It will connect to the server with my username and password however I then get a message saying "Terminal xxx not found in GB/terms". This machine is a replacemtn machine for one which has died and is connected to the same network socket but may not have the same IP address. Can anyone advise me on what I need to do to get this up and running?

Thanks,

tip2tail

Thor

Re: KCML / Autoline Rev 8

Post by Thor » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Terminal numbers are allocated by pc name not ip address
Within the Software you will need to create a new entry for
Terminal xxx in the GB terms file
And then you should be able to log in

tip2tail

Post by tip2tail » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 am

Thor wrote:Terminal numbers are allocated by pc name not ip address
Within the Software you will need to create a new entry for
Terminal xxx in the GB terms file
And then you should be able to log in
Thanks Thor!

When you say within the Software do you mean on the PC itself or on the server - Im not sure where the GB terms file is.

Also - PC Name - NETBIOS name?

Thanks,

tip2tail

leizure

Post by leizure » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:24 pm

The number XXX needs to be created within the Autoline system. You will need system administrator rights to do this:

From the main menu go to SYSTEM UTILITIES>MANAGMENT MENU>TERMINAL MAP

You need to create the XXX terminal number or copy the old one if you know the previous terminal number.

The simplest way to fix it is to make sure the PC name is the same as the previous machine, the domain and ip address doesn't matter.

If you do need to create a new terminal don't forget that you may also need to also create the terminal in POS parameters for terminal specific routines.