RepGen - error message

Tati

RepGen - error message

Post by Tati » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi,
I'm working with the RepGen in Autoline. I have developped a report before an upgrade has been done.
Now the report cannot be compiled anymore.
I have attached the error message and what I have found in the code.
Does anyone know for what the ENV(MATCHKEY) functionality is used ? and what's the syntax/values for it?
Thanks.
Tati
Last edited by Tati on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

dan

Re: RepGen - error message

Post by dan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Looks like you're missing QA152424 (Issue R8/70277) from the RG/DEFN program. Not sure why you posted here, rather than going through ADP Support though?

A couple of questions arise... should you have access to the RG/DEFN source code? and more importantly should you be posting screen shots of it on a public forum?

dan

Re: RepGen - error message

Post by dan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:53 pm

But to answer your question... The use of ENV("RG_MATCHKEY") is now defunct. It previously controlled experimental functionality that changed the way report tables are linked so that it builds the key using 'ki_ routines, rather than concatenating key field values together into a compound key. This eliminated errors/crashes where a P3 field was mapped to a P4 field in another table.

The syntax was simply to set it to "TRUE", but I wouldn't advise this. If you switch on this functionality via the env variable, you will most certainly not have the subsequent fix, and therefore your reports will fail (under certain conditions) to compile.

Hope this helps!