$DECLARE & VB.net DLL

simong

$DECLARE & VB.net DLL

Post by simong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi All,

I am experimenting with the KCML $DECLARE functionality. I am trying to get KCML talking to a vb.net DLL i have created. Sadly, I'm not having much luck at the moment. KCML seems to find my DLL, but it comes back with "Remote Function not found". It locks the DLL so i cannot delete/move it until i end the KCML session.

I am curious to know if anybody has had any luck with this or even if it is possible? Maybe it's not possible in VB.net
Any examples will be very useful 8-)

Thanks,
Simon
---------------
Simon G.
KCML Developer
---------------

''A computer programmer is someone who, when told to ''Go to Hell'', sees the ''Go to'', rather than the destination, as harmful.''

simong

Re: $DECLARE & VB.net DLL

Post by simong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Just noticed - looks like i got the first post of 2012! :shock:
---------------
Simon G.
KCML Developer
---------------

''A computer programmer is someone who, when told to ''Go to Hell'', sees the ''Go to'', rather than the destination, as harmful.''

sgnirtswob

Re: $DECLARE & VB.net DLL

Post by sgnirtswob » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:34 am

Two things spring to mind, because I created a DLL in C++ for geocode look up. The DLL needs to be in the system root directory if I remember correctly. %SYSTEMROO% I think. And it's possible you might need to register the DLL. Have you tried those?

The other things I had to do, was ensure the function in the DLL was included in the API text file, thats not the technical term, but there is a file in C++ that lists the API functions of the DLL.

You also need to make sure it's compiled in a compatable way for DLL/$DECLARE The KCML manual tells you all the technical details, but as soon as you start asking C++ developers they have no idea. I managed to get it right by trial and error on this point, but you might not have a problem with this angle. Im not sure how compatable a VB DLL would be, in theory it should be fine, but I think the KCML manual talks about C++ DLL s only.
Russell Smithers
XKO, Kerridge, ADP DSI, Bowstrings + Air Products

LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/russellsmithers
KCML Group http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&g ... _ug_grppro
Facebook www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=83435884572